This Instant Pot recipe for potato and broccoli soup is similar to recipes for broccoli soup.
I tried the Instant Pot Cheddar Broccoli & Potato Soup Recipe from CenterCutCook.com and liked it.
|Garlic, crushed||2+ cloves|
|Broccoli, broken into large florets||1–2 medium head|
|Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks||2–3 pounds|
|Chicken broth||4+ cups|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Half and half||1 cup|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded||1+ cup|
|Bacon, cooked and chopped||6+ slices|
|Green onion||For garnish|
- Soup base:
- Sauté garlic in butter until it starts to brown.
- Add broccoli, potatoes, and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half and ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with green onion and bacon.
- Aside from peeling the potatoes, this soup is easy to make.
- It is easy to scale up to make use of more than 4 cups of broth—just add a little more potato or broccoli.
- The green onion and bacon really make the soup taste good.
- Could probably add left over meat and vegetables for a heartier chowder.