I substitute lemon juice for the lemon zest listed in the original recipe. I also include sausage and mushrooms, along with the suggested tortellini.
|Chicken broth||6 cups|
|Fresh spinach leaves, whole||8–9 ounce bag|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|Parsley or cilantro||3 tablespoons|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons|
|Salt and black pepper||to taste|
- Soup base:
- Pressure cook broth and spinach for three minutes.
- Prepare spice mix-in (below).
- Quick release to end pressure cooking.
- Optional ingredients:
- Bring soup base to simmer using sauté setting.
- Cook tortellini for around five minutes.
- Add browned sausage and mushrooms.
- Spice mix-in:
- Whisk together eggs, herbs and spices.
- Drizzle into soup when tortellini is done.
- One 32 ounce carton of chicken stock contains four cups.
- Add one bouillon cube to two cups of water, making two cups of broth.
- Halve the amount of basil and/or parsley if using dried.